Breed:Shetland Sheepdog Sheltie
Note: This is not a Sheltie available for adoption. This application can be filled out by clicking "read more about this pet" in the right corner of this section, selecting and copying the text below, pasting it into an e-mail and then sending to “firstname.lastname@example.org" ADOPTION REQUEST FORM
Please make sure to type SHELTIE ADOPTION in the subject line of your e-mail.
Full Address (including city, state, zip):
List your occupation and whether you are full-time or part-time:
1) Why do you want a Shetland Sheepdog?
2) Have you ever owned a Sheltie before?
And do you still have that dog?
3) What happened to your last dog?
4) During the last five years (see below):
a) Have you lost a pet (not through death)?
b) Have you had one poisoned?
c) Have you had an animal killed by a vehicle?
d) Have you had an animal die due to disease?
If yes, what did it die of?
5) For what purpose do you want this dog?
6) Do you have any other animals (list names, type, age, sex and whether they are neutered/spayed):
7) Please list everyone who lives in your household and their ages (including yourself):
8) Please indicate whether you live in a house, apartment, condo, or trailer:
9) Do you rent or own?
10) If you rent, do you have the landlord’s permission to keep a dog? If so, please list your landlord's name and phone number:
11) Do you have a yard, and if so, is it fenced?
What type of fencing?11a) Do you have a pool? Is it fenced?
12) Do all family adults work and is someone home during the day?
13) Do you intend to keep this dog primarily indoors or outdoors?
Where will it sleep?13a) Where did you primarily keep your prior pets - indoors or outdoors?
14) Do you have a sex preference?
15) Do you have a color preference (if so, please list first and second choices)?
16) Would you consider an older dog? To what age?
17) What size Sheltie do you prefer?
18) Are other members of your household aware that you are considering adopting a pet?
19) Are you prepared to assume the financial responsibilities of caring for an animal, including vaccinations, heartworm preventative, veterinarian care, good quality food, licensing, etc?
20) Are you planning to move in the near future?
21) Is anyone in your house allergic to animals?
22) Are you familiar with animal control regulations in your area?
23) Is this Sheltie going to be a gift? For whom?
Do they know they are getting the gift?
24) Do you understand that any rescue Sheltie that you may adopt through SC Sheltie Rescue will be spayed/neutered?
25) What circumstances, in your mind, justify getting rid of a dog?
26) Are you willing to allow a Rescue representative member to visit your home by appointment?
27) How did you hear about South Carolina Sheltie Rescue?
28) Do you accept that there will be an adoption fee for the adopted dog?
29) Please provide the name and number of any vets used in the past 5 years:
I am in full agreement with the South Carolina Sheltie Rescue Terms of Adoption (attached). By sending this e-mail I am attesting to the truthfulness of my answers. I understand that falsification of any of the above information will be grounds to disallow the adoption of a rescue Sheltie.
NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign this application. Thank you for considering a dog from South Carolina Sheltie Rescue. If you have any questions, or if we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to e-mail.
We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.